Monday, February 9, 2009

Massacre Grounds Trail

Well we hiked the Massacre Grounds hike today. Couldn't help think about last year when we did the hike and Heidi was with us. It was in March and nice and warm and the poppies were out. Well quite different today....it was cold, rainy and lots of wind. We met tonight and talked about taking the hike to Rogers Canyon Cliff Dwellings. We decided to take it March 5th. It is a much harder hike and 8 mile hike. I keep asking our hiking guide if he things I can do it and he keeps saying yes so guess I will try it. The only bad thing is I'll probably be the only girl! Oh well!! It is a 2 1/2 hr. drive just to get out to where we will be doing the hike so we will be leaving early in the morning before the sun is up and probably won't get home till supper time or later. Wish you were all here to go with us.

3 comments:

Stacie@HobbitDoor said...

So great! I love how active you guys are. Wish we were there!

Susan said...

We wish we were there too instead of in a snow storm in Bismarck!!Sounds like it is going to be a really fun hike!! Fun to see a new post as well.

Kim said...

I sure wish I could go too! Sounds so fun. We are under many feet of snow here! I hope you guys have a good time.